How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
Most new tires from the original equipment manufacturer and high-quality replacement tires could last 50,000 miles. Learn more about how many miles should tires last and the life of a tire from the Land Rover experts at Land Rover Willow Grove. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our service center if you have any additional questions.
Factors That Affect Tires Life Expectancy
The questions “how many miles do tires last” and “how many miles should tires last” will often have different answers, depending on several factors.
- Type of tire: High-performance tires provide an extra grip but could wear faster than all-season tires that offer less rolling resistance.
- Treadwear rating: Your tires will also include a treadwear rating, which rates the life expectancy of the tire treads.
- Drivetrain: Tires wear differently on front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles because of where the main power for forward motion comes from.
- Road conditions: If you have to drive on gravel or dirt roads regularly, or you have to drive on construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice, your tires will take more of a beating. If you enjoy off-roading adventures, this will also make a significant difference.
- Terrain: If you live in an area with inclines on the roads, more friction on the tires is required to start and stop the vehicle than on flat surfaces.
- Driving habits: Having a lead foot on the gas and brakes wears out the tires much faster than accelerating gradually and allowing the coasting to handle some of the braking work.
Want Long-Lasting Tires? Follow These Tire Care Tips!
In addition to better driving habits, there are several things that car owners in Doylestown can do to extend the life of their tires:
- Take your vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Rotate your tires for more even distribution of tire wear.
- Regularly inspect tire tread depth for tire tread wear.
- Inspect for proper air pressure when you fill your gas tank, as many gas stations have tire inflation stations.
Learn Proper Tire Care at Land Rover Willow Grove
The factory-trained and certified technicians at Land Rover Willow Grove are standing by to answer any additional questions that you may have about tire care. They can offer more tips for car owners, like how often you should change our oil, the best off-road tires for a Range Rover, and how to clean car seats. When it’s time to replace your old tires with new ones in Fort Washington, be sure to take a look at our parts coupons to get an excellent deal!
Schedule Tire Inspection Service with Land Rover Willow Grove